|Mr. Odenigbo, a Veteran Juvenile Probation Officer, a Technocrat, an advocate and former Chief of Staff to Commissioner Larry Johnson comes to the position with over twenty years’ experience in Juvenile Justice and Management. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree from Alabama A&M University and a Master’s degree in Public Administration from Troy University. Mr. Odenigbo is a Doctoral Candidate in Management from Argosy University. A Veteran of the United States Navy Reserve|
Clerk of Juvenile Court
Phone: 404-294-2700 ext 1
The Clerk’s Office is responsible for maintaining and docketing original records for maintaining and docketing original records for the Court, including legal, financial, and electronic images. In addition, the Clerk’s Office handles all matters concerning juvenile traffic violations, probation fines and fees, and restitution.
The DeKalb Juvenile Clerk of Court manages a staff consisting of a Chief Deputy Clerk, an Accountant Technician Sr., and six deputy clerks who perform an array of key duties within the clerk’s office in addition to providing support to the judges’ staff. The Clerk’s Office is also responsible for the recording and filing of all traffic citations, complaints, petitions, motions and orders filed in the Juvenile Court. The clerk’s office handles the following categories of cases:
- Dependency cases for children younger than 18
- CHINS (Children In Need of Services) cases for children younger than 18
- Delinquent and Traffic cases for children younger than 17
- Special Proceedings which include:
Methods of Payment
- In person – Payments for fines, fees and restitution are accepted at the Juvenile Court Clerk’s Office from Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm in the form of cash, credit card, money order and cashier’s check.
- By mail – Payments submitted by mail must be in the form of either a cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Clerk of Juvenile Court. Your payment should be enclosed in a secure envelope and addressed as follows:
DeKalb County Juvenile Court
Attention: Clerk of Juvenile Court
4309 Memorial Dr
Decatur, GA 30032
Note: Please include the following information when submitting your payment:
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Case number
- Online – Payments submitted online will require the case number and file number. Click the following link to pay online. Click here
Hours of Operation **With the exception of major U.S. holidays.
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
DeKalb County Sheriff
If you have any questions or concerns about building security which are not answered below or if you have an emergency at the DeKalb County Juvenile Court, please contact the number above.
When you enter the DeKalb County Juvenile Court, you must pass through security. In order to facilitate the process, please:
- Take off all coats, jackets and hats.
- Remove steel- toed boots (other shoes are okay).
- Remove all contents from your pockets including cell phones, coins, etc. and place them in the plastic bins provided.
- Place purses and bags on the conveyer belt.
- Remove laptops from bags – after passing through security, you will have to turn them on to show that they work.
- Walk through the metal detector with your hands at your sides. If the metal detector beeps, you will be checked with a hand-held wand before you may retrieve your belongings.
You are not allowed to bring the following items into the Courthouse. If you have any of these items, they will be confiscated. Some items will not be returned to you. Others will be held until you leave the building. Possession of some items could result in immediate arrest.
- Mace or Pepper Spray
- Perfume bottles
- Illegal substances
- Glass bottles, cups, plates
- Metal silverware